Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mini Meatloaf

(a quick shout out to my Tim Hortons homegirl! )

This is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week and have a quick yummy source of protein to pack for your lunch. It tastes good cold too . . but then again I will eat just about anything cold when I am doing comp prep :P

Turkey OR Chicken Meatloaf
8 servings

2 lbs ground fat free chicken or turkey breast
1 cup chopped onions
4 egg whites
1 cup chunky salsa
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal OR brown rice
1T low sodium Worcestershire sauce
pepper
garlic powder

Pre heat oven to 350F

Use hands and mix everything in a bowl

Place Mixture in loaf pan, cover and bake for 1 hr


Now, what I like to do with this recipe is make mini meatloaves that I know are all equal and portioned for me.

so I will take 4-6 oz of the ground meat
add in 1/4 - 1/2 cups of browns rice or oatmeal
1-2 egg whites
2T - 1/4 cup salsa
ms dash of any variety that you like

make several individual recipes like that, I have all the stuff out already, I just gotta mix it again.

stuff the portions into mini loaf pans or muffin tins. These take less time to cook than a big meatloaf. 30 - 40 min maybe, when they are firm to the touch they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment