Wednesday, March 10, 2010

and now . . . Let's Do It For Real

So, back in December I was all excited about benching 135. But, that was on the smith machine. te he he he . . did I not mention that ?! . . oh . .

Well, as we all know that definitely does not translate into the free bar. So, I am off to conquer that next. Grrr!

Yesterday I managed 3 sets of 7-10 reps with 85lbs. I didn't have a spotter so I had to be carfeul. This will have to be slow, steady and safe progress.

I was surprised by my control and abiltity, so next week I will take a deep breath and put the 25lb plates on that bar for a total of 95lbs!

I remember a couple years ago when I thought I was the shizzle for benching 95lbs with the smith machine LOL!


2 comments:

  1. My bench never made it past 105lbs lol...definitely not gifted in that area and really saw no reason to try to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Go girl!! I got stuck one time under my bench press bar cause I didn't have a spotter...lol Thank god I was at my gym here at the house and no one seen me!

    ReplyDelete