Thursday, October 22, 2009

Makes Me Go Hmmmm. . .


Along with all the groceries, my wonderful Mommy also sent me a copy of this book:

She wrote me a note in the front cover, and she gave me a package of multi coloured post-it flags to highlight points. She intended for me to read it over the winter . . . but I am already on page 84 of 198 ! and I have 13 post-its in the first 70 pages LOL!

My mom wanted me to highlight points to share with her and we could have our own little book club type discussion on the phone this winter. So sweet cuz she is really helping me to stay in a positive frame of mind over the winter. This could quite possibly be the sweetest thing my mom has ever done for me. Really understanding and accepting of her ( lots of history here ) I just love how wonderfully thought out this gift was.

So, ya, I am almost half way thru it. I really love positve quotes, affirmations, visualizations all of that stuff so this book is really perfect for me.

One of the first things I highlighted was:

" If you see it in your mind, you're hoing to hold it in your hand" ~ Bob Proctor

he also said:

" If you don't understand the law that doesn't mean you should reject it. You may not understand electricity, and yet you enjoy the benefits of it. I don't know how it works. But, I do know this: You can cook your dinner with electricity , and you can also cook the man!"

Such powerful and thought provoking information on the laws of attraction and creating positive thoughts and being in control of your life thru your thoughts and drawing good things to you and being grateful. I could practically quote the whole book cuz it is so wonderful all of it.

ANYWAY . . .

Some interesting things have been happening . . I have been looking for more steady income and part time work that still allows me to make my children a priority, but can help ease some of the financial pressure we feel. In that process of looking at ads and so forth I noticed a job opportunity for my husband.

A job that is actually in the field he is ticketed for, that he has not been able to use to the full in the almost 10 years we have been married. This job also allows for further education in this field, and additional apprenticeship and journeyman ticket !

We wrote up the resume, and cover letter, he dropped it off, made a follow up phone call 2 days later.

AND

Got a call for a job interview!! BUT, the interview had to be at 12 noon . . problem?

My hubbys lunch is not until 1. His BOSS has HIS lunch at noon!

This Boss has just been appointed store manager after the firing of the old manger and is still in the process of this hostile feeling take over, and company transition, and is very hard to work for, and my husband is very nervous around him and fears for his job. (even tho his position is hard to fill and in a small store of 3 employees he is desperately needed)

HOW?! How are we gonna get him to his job interview , ask the boss to trade lunch times and not have to explain . . .

My hubby walks into work and his boss says : " I need a 1 o'clock lunch today "

WHAT?!! sooooo PERFECT!! (thank you universe!)

My hubby played it cool and replied " Oh, Ok, I guess I could go for lunch at 12"

He had a great interview, and this job would mean a great deal more income to our family and would really be wonderful, especially cuz it would be less stress for my husband and a great opportunity for further education!

We can't stop talking about it, and I am very actively thinking about our life as if he has the job. I feel like he has the job!!

We are waiting for the call to tell us he is short listed and has a second interview.

But, the whole lunch hour switch being so perfect and wonderful has me thinking Hmmmmm . .

Also, I have been looking for work and what has been coming my way? WORK, not entirely in the way I expected tho ,

I have been writing up fitness programs for friends,

making a wedding cake,

3 friends want painting and interior design advice / work from me.

My brother has friends who recently found out there 3 year old son is deaf and they are having a hard time finding child care, I know ASL and so do my children, he phoned to see if I would be interested in babysitting,

and he also recently painted his living room after consulting me on colours etc. had 2 more friend interested in interior design advice or painting from me.

Also my friends whom I am training pay me in great moral support and they gave me a gift card to go buy NEW WORKOUT SHOES!! I cried! I have NEVER bought shoes from a sports store before. (usually Wal-Mart) and shoes happened to be on a KICK BUTT sale buy one get one FREEEE!

AND I also needed a new winter coat for my daughter . . but was waiting for a sale, or for the thrift store to have a quality coat in her size show up before it was too cold. .

My friend brings me a bag of hand-me-downs from her daughter. Not one but FIVE winter coats, dressy ones, cools, ones, pink ones, blue ones, and BOOTS, and pants . . I cried!

All these things have me thinking . . . Hmmmm . . the Secret , eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment