Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rawr!

I love this picture!
I have seen it before with the caption:
"where the mind goes, the body follows"
and
"what matters most is how you see yourself"
I love positive quotes, affirmations, visualisations they really get me thru training for a competition. For example:

I am not one who reallllly loooves cardio, a shown by my lack of doin' so in my off-season LOL!

However, I am driven, I have a goal, I want to do my personal best and beat the old me. Every meal is me competing, every workout and every cardio session.

When I am in comp prep mode cardio becomes my meditating visualization time. My Ipod speaks to me in music. I find meaning in every lyric, I see myself walking on stage, I tear up at the thought of placing top 3 and qualifying for provincials, I even gasp at the sound of my name being called for first, and the smile on my face as I walk out on the stage AGAIN and get every last bit of show time outta my blinged bikini as I compete for figure overall.

I am livin' my dream while I do cardio. I am not only dreaming, but DOING something about it at the same time. It is that aspect of cardio that I LOVE.

Like the other day, I am listening to 3 Days Grace - "Pain without love" and this lyric gave me drive to push harder:

" . . Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Anger and agony Are better than misery
Trust me, I've got a plan
When the lights go up you'll understand . . "
what goes thru my head is this little pep talk:
My legs were burning my lower back was hurting,
I was hatin' that stuuuupid stepper.
But I embraced the pain, " can't get enough, I like it rough"
I pushed thru it. "i've got a plan"
when I am on stage and
"the lights go up you'll (I) understand"
why it was all so worth it!
the pain right now is
"better than the misery"
of losing knowing that i did not try my best
when it counted.

No comments:

Post a Comment