Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Numbers on the Scale . . .

How often do those numbers ruin your day?!

How often do you judge your progress  by those digits on the crazy contraption?!

Well, the proof is in the pictures . . not that I am super dooper proud of my physique YET in the pics they do teach a valuable lesson so I will suck it up, bow my head, eat some low calorie carb free humble pie, and share them.


Those pictures are only 1 week apart. I weigh MORE in the picture on the right, YET I am tighter . . . I felt skinnier all week. then my Trainer asks for update pics because all week my weight kept going UP! (well, poo and who knows what else) it was not fat.

Intriguing , no? So many gals would be freaking out if they were eating 100% on par with trainers orders, no cheats, doing all their cardio , all there workouts , effort to the max, and you GAINED weight?!

ALSO . . what if you were training for WEEEEKS and the scale wasn't budging ??? hmm . . what then???  I started Feb 1st post surgery 6-7 weeks weighing in at 132.8lbs. Today I weigh . . .. drumroll . . . 132.8  I have had my weight go up and down and up and down . . now resting at the same weight  I started at ?!

The pics . . .


STOP the SCALE INSANITY!  Easier said than done, I realize . . . but hopefully these pics resonate with you just a little bit and you stop and think the next time you rely only on the number the scale says . . .

5 comments:

  1. Thank u for posting this,Sylvia! My lbs are up & down (between 140-145) and I get a little worried. Today it was 145 and I was freaking a little. That said, I kno I look fuller yet more muscular. You are so right...pics tell the truth! Have a great day!!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the much needed reminder. I'm in the same exact boat as Katy. 140-145...today is 145 and it's frustrating and annoying. Even when I know it's the truth it's still hard not to focus on the numbers. But that being said I look so much tighter right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Very true the scale only tells a verly little bit of info! however we all need the reminder from time to time. you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to bow your head, you're looking very fit! and since you're looking to improve, you have so much more to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you.
    I weigh well over 200 pounds. I lost about 50 in 3 months a couple of years ago and then stopped working out and gained it all back.
    I have tried to start a few times since and always had a reason (excuse really) as to why I couldn't or shouldn't make the time for myself.
    Not really dealing with the why or the lack of self confidence.
    I started working out again two weeks ago, sweat hard and the scale went up. After giving the scale the finger I gave up again and stopped working out because it didn't make a difference. I did feel smaller and better in that short time but let it (the scale) get me.
    Thanks for sharing this - an important, and MUCH NEEDED, reminder for me.
    Sorry for the long post, just had to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete