Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where's The Cake ?!

Back in May I was traveling to Edmonton once again, for a friends surprise 10 yr anniversary party.I was the cake maker, and party decorator :) very fun.
The kids were also having a party of their own so I made a special cake for them as well.


These 2 cakes were some of the best reactions to my cakes so far. People didn't know they were cakes!! LOL!

When my all cake - no ice cream - ice cream cake showed up at the kids party the host wanted to put it in the freezer !


The "ice cream" was vanilla cake with rainbow bits in the batter.
The "bowl" was chocolate cake with Oreo cream filling
Even the cherry on top was made of marshmallow fondant

Now, the Anniversary cake. This couple has been drooling over my cakes on my facebook for quite some time and always made comments like " I want to create a special even the next time you come to Edmonton just so I can have one of your cakes " So this was going to be a great surprise to give them!

Once again no one could tell it was a cake, even when they were standing right beside it!! When the couple showed up they were elated to know I had made them a cake! I told them they could eat their cake if they could find it, they looked ALL OVER and then stood right beside it all distressed they couldn't find their cake LOL!

Hershey's Best Chocolate Cake with Kahlua Fudge filling

The whole thing is cake and fondant. The flowers on top are fresh flowers, and there is a saucer supporting the top layer of the urn, other than that entire urn and the handles are edible.

The best part of the evening is chatting with the couple and they ask

" So, why are you here"

I am kinda confused by the question

" I mean what brings you to Edmonton? (it is a 7 hour drive) You must have happened to be here for some reason?"

I reply " I came to bring you a cake! YOU are the reason I am here!"

They couldn't believe I would drive 7 hours just for them, LOL! They thought I must have had some other business in Edmonton or been visiting family.

They were confused tho because I was just down for PHAT Camp 3 weeks before. Then I drove down for their party, then my Brother In Law was getting married in another 3 weeks, meaning ANOTHER trip, and then July long weekend I had to drive down again with an Elderly deaf friend to accompany her to a convention. ALOT of trips to Edmonton this Spring/Summer!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That cake looks amazing! I bet it was super good also. That was sweet of you to make that drive to do something special for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Looks so tasty. Even though it has a lot of calories.

    ReplyDelete